Location & Campuses
Since 1931, Camp Kanuga has served guests who form lifelong friendships, experience new adventures and exploring their faith in our welcoming Christian community. Located on over 1400 acres in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina, our campus offers a sanctuary for your spirit. This is the perfect place to get away from the hustle of daily life to slow down and be intentional with your friends and family.
Not only does the campus offer incredible outdoor recreational opportunities, but Camp Kanuga is also located just a few miles from some of the best hiking, mountain biking, rafting, climbing in western North Carolina.
Interested in renting Camp Kanuga? Rent for a day or for multiple days and nights.
What We Offer
- 12 traditional-style camper/counselor cabins – 16 beds each with attached restrooms and showers.
- 5 additional staff cabins ranging from 2-6 beds each.
- Infirmary with 4 bedrooms, 3 restrooms with showers, 1 half bath, kitchen, and common space.
- Rustic outpost with 2 community shelters, 4 sleeping shelters, shower house, large fire ring
- 2 camping shelters
- Multiple common areas and gathering spaces
- 2 pavilions – one with hardwood floor and one paved floor with fireplace
- 1 lakeside pavilion with fireplace, 2 bathrooms, 2 additional rooms, sound system, and lakeside deck
- 1 outdoor sports field
- 1 dining room
- 3 fire rings
- Lake with lifeguard posts and docks
- 1 outdoor chapel
- 2 multi-activity shelters
- Lake activities – swimming, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, water trampoline & tower
- Field sports and games
- Target sports & archery tag
- Adventure activities – climbing wall, giant swing, double zip-line & low elements challenge course
- Blacksmith shop
- Arts & Crafts building – fully equipped wood shop, leather shop, and pottery
- Mountain biking with pump track & bike barn
- Gem mining
- Multiple hiking trails
- Ga-ga pit
Where You’ll Find Us
When to Visit
Camp Kanuga facilitates a overnight summer camp From May – August. We are not a winterized facility and are closed from October until the beginning of March. The best times for your group to rent camp is During the months of September, October, March, April and May.
Explore Our Campus
Check out our interactive map to explore the Kanuga campus and facilities